This pages descibes how to install the OpenEmbedded environment for building Netbook images.
- Check out the tools and the package metadata:
$ cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs co -ko -roe-vendor oe
The password is 'anoncvs'. If you have a BitKeeper licence, you can use that instead. See http://openembedded.org/oe_wiki/index.php/BitKeeper for instructions in that case.
- Check http://openembedded.org/oe_wiki/index.php/RequiredSoftware and make sure you have all the required software installed. You don't need to install a cross-compiler, since OE builds its own.
- Unordered List Item
- Download http://openembedded.org/~pb/setup.sh and save it somewhere handy. Edit the top of the script so that OEDIR and PKGDIR reflect where you checked out the code.
- Copy netbook.conf into oe/conf.
- Copy local.conf into oe-packages/conf.
- Source the setup.sh script. It will change your current directory to be oe-packages.
Now you should be all set. Try “oemake gpe-image” to compile an image. It will probably take a couple of hours and a few gigs of disk. Assuming all goes well, look in tmp/deploy/ for the results.